What is the capital of Australia?

Canberra, it is Australia’s largest inland city, and one of the top ten largest cities in the federation of colonies known as Australia. It is flanked on the southwest by Sydney, an equally famous city and on the northeast, by Melbourne, another iconic city, on the east southeast lies Perth and not too far away is Adelaide.It may have been constructed in the early 1900s to look like other great global cities like Brasilia in brazil and Washington DC in the united states (all iconic city capitals).

If you see similarities between the structure and design of the buildings and that of this city with American cities, don’t be surprised because the city was designed by two American architects named Walter and Marion griffins. If you are a first-time visitor, you will be exposed to different geometric motifs such as hexagons, circles, and triangles; all interspersed in areas filled with vegetations. This beautiful city is the city of the Australian government and home to over 410 million people who live, work and play in its cities and communities. It might be located over 570 meters above the sea level, but its landmass is a mere 315 square mile making it a comfortable place to live.
This is Canberra, Australia. Australia’s administrative capital since 12th march 1913.

The capital of Australia

For a first time visitor, you will be exposed to several institutions of the Australian government, and if you are a student of history, there are a lot of places to visit and a lot of things to learn, especially how the government of over 30 million people is run. The parliament house is one of the most prominent architectural and beatific structures located in Canberra; the official residences of the governor-general, different ministries, departments, and agencies, including the high court of Australia, are all situated in Canberra. There are several war relics to be seen in the museum known as the Australian war museum; there is also a university, a federal mint, national library, an institute of sport, a national library, and a gallery for tourists and other history enthusiasts. These spots make Canberra a tourist destination and a treasure trove of some sort for those who love capturing the images of very historical places. Edu tourism is one of the mainstays of Canberra, with almost 20 000 students offering full-time to part-time courses at the University of Canberra (UC) and the  Australian National University. There are close to 150 different schools in Canberra, with about 70 percent of them owned and run by the government while the remaining 30 percent is privately owned.

What is the capital of Australia?
The art scene in Canberra is both lively and youthful, especially during the Stonefish. Summer Cats, enlighten and national folk carnivals and festivals, and it is common to see bars, nightclubs with different forms of day and night entertainment, especially in Kingston and Dickson areas. This is Australia’s prime media city with several newspapers and television companies, and sports are enjoyed in the incredibly large Canberra national stadium. Canberra is not called a capital city for name-calling purposes. It lives up to the name.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *